Margaret Smith Wood
F, #8702, b. 12 October 1928, d. 22 August 2008
Margaret Smith Wood was born on 12 October 1928 at St Machar, Aberdeenshire, Scotland.1,2 She was the daughter of James Wood and John Anna Wood. She married George Alexander Reid at Aberdeen Eastern District, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, in 1956.3,2 As of 1956, her married name was Margaret Smith Reid. Margaret died on 22 August 2008 at Stobhill Hospital, Glasgow, Scotland, at age 79.4,5,2 Her body was cremated on 28 August 2008 at Daldowie Crematorium, Broom House, Glasgow, Scotland.4
- [S7736] Margaret Smith Wood, ScotlandsPeople search, Statutory Register of Births, Registration District of St Machar, Surname: Wood. Forename: Margaret Smith. Gender: Female. Year: 1928. Ref: 168/2 557. Registration District Name: St Machar.
- [S7728] Lesley Ferguson, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Lesley Ferguson of Galashiels, Scotland.
- [S7747] George Alexander Reid, Margaret Smith Wood, Surname: Reid. Forename: George Alexander. Spouse Surname: Wood. Spouse Forename: Margaret Smith. Year: 1956. Ref: 168/3 28. Registration District Name: Aberdeen Eastern District.
- [S7732] Family Announcements, Deaths, Reid, The Press and Journal, "Deaths - REID
REID At Stobhill Hospital, on August 22, 2008, Margaret Smith (nee Wood). Much loved wife of George, mother of Lesley, mother-in-law of Colin and granny to Jane and Kate. Funeral at 1.45 p.m., on Thursday, August 28, at Daldowie Crematorium, Broomhouse. All friends welcome. No flowers please."
- [S7731] Margaret Smith Reid née Wood, ScotlandsPeople search, Statutory Register of Deaths, Registration District of Chryston, Surname: Reid. Forename: Margaret Smith. Age at death: 79. Mother's Maiden Name: Wood. Year: 2008. Ref: 561/ 50. Registration District Name: Chryston.