John Anna Wood
F, #8696, b. 14 August 1903, d. 13 April 1985
John Anna Wood was born on 14 August 1903 at 23 Union Street, Lossiemouth, Elgin, Scotland.1,2,3 She was the daughter of Alexander Wood and Margaret Smith. John Anna Wood was also known as Johnanna. She married James Wood at Imperial Hotel, Stirling Street, Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, on 12 August 1925.4,5,3,6 Johnanna died on 13 April 1985 at Kensington, St Peter's Road, Buckie, Moray, Scotland, at age 81.7,8,9,3 Her body was interred after 13 April 1985 at Allenvale Road, Aberdeen, Scotland, at Allenvale Cemetery.9,3
Children of John Anna Wood and James Wood
- [S7752] John Anna Wood, Register of Births in the Parish of Drainie in the County of Elgin, "John Anna Wood, 1903, August Fourteenth 7h 30m A.M. at 23 Union Street, Lossiemouth, Male (sic). Father: Alexander Wood, Fishcurer. Mother: Margaret Wood M. S. Smith, married 1896 Septemr 23d in Drainie. Informant: Alexr Wood, Father. Registered: 1903, September 2nd at Lossiemouth, James Hay, Registrar."
- [S7738] John Anna (Johnanna) Wood, ScotlandsPeople search, Statutory Register of Births, Registration District of Drainie, Surname: Wood. Forename: John Anna. Gender: Male (sic). Year: 1903. Ref: 130/ 84. Registration District Name: Drainie.
- [S7728] Lesley Ferguson, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Lesley Ferguson of Galashiels, Scotland.
- [S7753] James Wood to Johnanna Wood, Statutory Register of Marriages in the District of St Nicholas in the Burgh of Aberdeen, "Erasure in Col:(2). For Bride's signature, read "Johnanna Wood". 1925, on the Twelfth day of August at Imperial Hotel, Stirling Street, Aberdeen, After Banns, According to the Forms of the United Free Church of Scotland. James Wood, Fish Curer (Bachelor), 30 years, resident at 31 Devanha Gardens, Aberdeen, Father: John Wood, Fisherman (Dec), Mother: Catherine Wood M.S. Innes. Johnanna Wood (Spinster), 21 years, resident at 100 Victoria Road, Torry, Aberdeen, Father: Alexander Wood, Fishcurer (Dec), Mother: Mary (sic) Wood M.S Smith (Dec). John Guthrie, Bachelor of Divinity, Minister of Torry United Free Church, Aberdeen. Reuben Wood, 31 Devanha Gardens, Aberdeen, Witness. Margaret Annabelle Wood, 100 Victoria Road, Aberdeen, Witness. Registered: 1925, August 14th at Aberdeen, Alex Benzie Assistant Registrar. JP."
- [S7722] James Wood, Johnanna Wood, Surname: Wood. Forename: James. Spouse Surname: Wood. Spouse Forename: Johnanna. Year: 1925. Ref: 168/1 496. Registration District Name: St Nicholas.
- [S772] Robert Mair, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Robert Mair of Durham, England.
- [S7758] John Anna (Johnanna) Wood, Newspaper death notice data, "NM200421, Johanna (sic) Wood, ? to 13 APR 1985. Spouse's Name : James Wood, Aberdeen. Date of Death : 13 APR 1985. Place of Death : Kensington, St Peter's Road, Buckie."
- [S7741] John-Anna Wood née Wood, ScotlandsPeople search, Statutory Register of Deaths, Registration District of Buckie, Surname: Wood. Forename: John-Anna. Age at death: 81. Mother's Maiden Name: Smith. Year: 1985. Ref: 290/ 57. Registration District Name: Buckie.
- [S7755] James Wood and Johnanna Wood, Monumental inscription, "In sacred memory of my husband JAMES WOOD fish merchant who passed away on 17th July 1937 aged 42 years
Also his dear wife JOHNANNA WOOD who passed away on 13th April 1985."