George Alexander Reid
M, #8706, b. 14 September 1926, d. 29 February 2016
George Alexander Reid was born on 14 September 1926 at Stonehead, Insch, Aberdeenshire, Scotland.1,2 He was the son of George Alexander Reid and Jessie Gordon. George Alexander Reid was a high voltage switchgear engineer.2 He married Margaret Smith Wood at Aberdeen Eastern District, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, in 1956.3,2 George died on 29 February 2016 at Galashiels, Scotland, at age 89.4,5,2 His body was cremated on 9 March 2016 at Daldowie Crematorium, Broom House, Glasgow, Scotland.5
- [S7749] George Alexander Reid, ScotlandsPeople search, Statutory Register of Births, Registration District of Insch (Aberdeen), Surname: Reid. Forename: George Alexander. Gender: Male. Year: 1926. Ref: 203/ 45. Registration District Name: Insch (Aberdeen).
- [S7728] Lesley Ferguson, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Lesley Ferguson of Galashiels, Scotland.
- [S7747] George Alexander Reid, Margaret Smith Wood, Surname: Reid. Forename: George Alexander. Spouse Surname: Wood. Spouse Forename: Margaret Smith. Year: 1956. Ref: 168/3 28. Registration District Name: Aberdeen Eastern District.
- [S7750] George Alexander Reid, ScotlandsPeople search, Statutory Register of Deaths, Registration District of Galashiels, Surname: Reid. Forename: George Alexander. Age at death: 89. Mother's Maiden Name: Gordon. Year: 2016. Ref: 810/ 49. Registration District Name: Galashiels.
- [S7751] Family Announcements, Deaths, Reid, The Press and Journal, "Deaths - REID
REID George Alexander husband of the late Margaret and father of Lesley, formerly of Muirhead, Glasgow, died peacefully at his Galashiels home, on February 29, 2016, in his 90th year. Funeral to Daldowie Crematorium on Wednesday, March 9, at 12 noon. No flowers please."