F, #34, b. 16 May 1780
Helen Pirie was born on 16 May 1780 at Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland.1 She was the daughter of William Pirie and Isobel Sclater. Helen Pirie was baptized on 20 May 1780 at Parish of Cullen, Banffshire, Scotland.1 Her family was known by the tee-name of "Buxer". She married Alexander Wood at Parish of Cullen, Banffshire, Scotland, on 25 April 1802.2,3 As of 25 April 1802, her married name was Helen Wood.
Children of Helen Pirie and Alexander Wood
- Ann Wood b. 5 May 1802
- Alexander Wood b. 13 Nov 1803
- Jean Wood b. 29 Jan 1807
- William Wood+ b. 6 Nov 1808, d. 30 Dec 1881
- John Wood b. 13 Nov 1809
- George Wood+ b. 5 Nov 1811, d. 14 Jan 1858
- Ann Wood b. 4 Oct 1814
- Alexander Wood b. 18 Dec 1816
- Helen Wood+ b. 9 Aug 1818, d. 14 Jun 1901
- Isobel Wood b. 21 Oct 1820
- [S143] Helen Pirie, OPR Baptism entry, "Pirie and Sclater 1780, May 20, William Pirie had a child by his Wife Isobel Sclater Born upon the 16 and Baptized this day named Helen. Witnefses Al: Pirie, John Goodbrand, Helen Bruce & Helen McIntosh."
- [S571] Alexander Wood to Helen Pirie, OPR Marriage entry, "1802 Wood and Pirie April 18, Al: Wood & Helen Pirie both in Portknockie were matrimonially contracted in order to marriage & having consigned pledges & after proclamations & no objections offered were married April 25th."
- [S460] LDS Church, International Genealogical Index, "Helen Pirie, female. Spouse: Al. Wood. Marriage: 25 APR 1802 Cullen, Banff, Scotland."