M, #9286, b. 16 October 1898, d. 16 April 1980
Breslin was born on 16 October 1898 at Drimdoo, Carndonagh, County Donegal, Ireland.1 He was the son of Patrick Breslin. Patrick Breslin was a labourer. He married Rose Ann Doherty at Carndonagh, County Donegal, Ireland, on 11 June 1920.2,1 He was the informant for Vincent Breslin's birth at Carndonagh, County Donegal, Ireland, on 22 February 1924.3,1 He was the informant for, and present at, Rose Ann Breslin's death at Gortyarn, Inishowen Road, Carndonagh, County Donegal, Ireland, on 16 March 1924.4,5,1 Patrick died on 16 April 1980 at 86 Perth Crescent, Clydebank, Dunbartonshire, Scotland, at age 81.1 He was buried after 16 April 1980 at Kilbowie Cemetery, Clydebank, Dunbartonshire, Scotland.1
Children of Patrick Breslin and Rose Ann Doherty
- [S6658] Norah Wood née Breslin, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Norah Wood of Aberdeen, Scotland.
- [S8360] Patrick Breslin, Rose Ann Doherty, "1920 Marriage solemnized at the Roman Catholic Church of Carndonagh in the Registrar's District of Carndonagh in the Union of Inishowen in the County of Donegal. 11 June 1920. Patrick Breslin, age -, bachelor, labourer resident at Tulnaree, Father: Patrick Breslin, labourer. Rose Ann Doherty, age -, spinster, labourer, resident at Gortiarn, Father: John Doherty, farmer. Married in the Roman Catholic Church of Carndonagh according to the Rites and Ceremonies of the Roman Catholic Church by me, Wm. Murphy. This Marriage was solemnized between us, Patrick Breslin, Rose A. Doherty in the Presence of us, John Toner, Maggie Doherty. Marriage No. 71 Registered by me, this 12th day of June 1920, E. O'Dowell, Deputy Registrar."
- [S8359] Vincent Breslin, Register of Births in the District of Carndonagh in the County of County Donegal, Ireland, "1924 Twenty Second February at Gartayarn, Inishowen Road, Vincent, Male. Father: Patrick Breslin, dwelling at Tulnaree, Inishowen Road. Mother: Rose Ann Breslin formerly Doherty. Profession of father: Labourer. Informant: Patrick Breslin, Father, Tulnaree. Registered: Twenty First March 1924, P. O'Callaghan, Registrar."
- [S8358] Rose Ann Breslin née Doherty, Register of Deaths in the District of Carndonagh in the County of County Donegal, Ireland, "1924 Sixteenth March at Gorteyarn, Inishowen Road, Rose Ann Breslin, Female, married, 29 years, Housewife. Cause of death: Pneumonia, 12 days, Certified. Informant: Patrick Breslin, Widower, Present at death, Tulnaree. Registered: Twenty-first March 1924, P. O'Callaghan, Registrar."
- [S8356] Rose Ann Breslin née Doherty, George Doherty and Catherine Doherty née Sweeny John Doherty, Monumental inscription, "Erected in memory of JOHN DOHERTY, Gortyarn, died 16th Dec. 1934, aged 73 yrs.
His daughter ROSE ANNE BRESLIN died 16th March 1924, aged 27 yrs.
His son GEORGE died at 21st May 1946.
And his wife CATHERINE died 8th Dec. 1950.