F, #7514, b. 29 August 1893
Helen Pirie was born illegitimate on 29 August 1893 at Shorehead, Portsoy, Banffshire, Scotland.1 She was the daughter of John Pirie and Ann Stephen McDonald. Her family was known by the tee-name of "Priest". She married James Benjamin William Morling at All Saints Church, Buckie, Banffshire, Scotland, on 1 April 1914.2,3 As of 1 April 1914, her married name was Helen Morling. She married Alexander Pirie at St. Mary's Chapel, East Parish Church, Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, on 13 December 1928.4,5,3 As of 13 December 1928, her married name was Helen Pirie.
- [S6054] Helen Pirie, Register of Births in the District of Portsoy in the County of Banff, "Helen Pirie (Illegitimate), 1893, August Twenty ninth 3h 0m A.M. at Shorehead, Portsoy, Female. Father: John Pirie, Fisherman. Mother: Ann Stephen McDonald, Domestic Servant. Informant: Ann Stephen McDonald, mother, John Pirie, father, 1 Commercial Street, Macduff. Registered: 1893, September 7th at Portsoy, James Innes, Registrar."
- [S6053] James Benjamin William Morling to Helen Pirie, Statutory Register of Marriages in the District of Rathven in the County of Banff, "1914, on the First day of April at All Saints Church, Buckie, After Banns according to the Forms of the Scottish Episcopal Church. James Benjamin William Morling, Coastguardsman, Bachelor, 22 years, resident at Admiralty Building, Buckie, Father: James Morling, The Navy, deceased, Mother: Elizabeth Morling M.S. Martin. Hellen Pirie, Domestic Servant, Spinster, 21 years, resident at 33 Portknockie, Seafield, Father: John Pirie, Fisherman, Mother: Ann Stephen Pirie M.S McDonald. Alfred Wild, Rector of All Saints Church, Buckie. Alex Pirie Witness. Annie Maud Clarke Witness. Registered: 1914, April 2 at Buckie, John Webster Registrar."
- [S6106] Marion Johnston, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Marion Johnston of Aberdeen, Scotland.
- [S6107] Alexander Pirie to Helen Morling née Pirie, Statutory Register of Marriages in the District of St. Nicholas in the Burgh of Aberdeen, "1928, on the Thirteenth day of October at St. Mary's Chapel, East Parish Church, Aberdeen, After Publication according to the Forms of the Church of Scotland. Alexander Pirie, Fisherman (Bachelor), 27 years, resident at 68 Wales Street, Aberdeen, Father: James Pirie, Fisherman, Mother: Jane Pirie M.S. Robertson. Helen Pirie or Morling, Domestic Servant (Widow), 34 years, resident at 68 Wales Street, Aberdeen, Father: John Pirie, Fisherman, Mother: Annie Pirie M.S McDonald. George Walker, D.D., Minister East Parish, Aberdeen. George Pirie, 68 Wales Street, Aberdeen, Witness. Mina Johnston, 69 Regent Quay, Aberdeen, Witness. Registered: 1928, October 19th at Aberdeen, Alex. Benzie, Assistant Registrar."
- [S772] Robert Mair, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Robert Mair of Durham, England.