Jessie McBeath Gardiner
F, #5492, b. 6 September 1871, d. 8 October 1917
Jessie McBeath Gardiner was born on 6 September 1871 at Parish of Cullen, Banffshire, Scotland.1 She was the daughter of John Gardiner and Jane Addison. She married John Gault at James Street, Branderburgh, Elgin, Scotland, on 2 December 1898.2,3 As of 2 December 1898, her married name was Jessie McBeath Gault. She was the informant for Nellie Mair Gault's birth at James Street, Branderburgh, Elgin, Scotland, on 15 September 1899.4,3,5 She was the informant for Jane Robertson Gault's birth at 77 Queen Street, Lossiemouth, Elgin, Scotland, on 17 October 1911.6,3,5 Jessie McBeath Gault was found on a passenger list for 6 January 1914 of the passenger ship 'Ruahine'. Those recorded on the passenger list were: Mrs J Gault, 42 (Jessie); Miss J Gault, 11 (Jessie); Miss J Gault, 9 (Johanna); Master J Gault, 5 (John); Miss J Gault, 2 (Jane); also Miss Nell Gault, 16.7,5 Jessie died on 8 October 1917 at Wellington, New Zealand, at age 46.3
Children of Jessie McBeath Gardiner and John Galt
- Nellie Mair Gault b. 15 Sep 1899, d. 1986
- Jeannie Addison Gault b. 31 Mar 1901, d. 29 Aug 1903
- Jessie Gardiner Gault b. 15 Aug 1902, d. 9 Apr 1968
- Johanna Gault b. 20 Dec 1903, d. 18 Apr 2002
- John Gault b. 29 Mar 1905, d. 21 Apr 1905
- John Gault b. c 1907
- John Gault b. 16 May 1909, d. 11 Dec 1961
- Mary Jamesina Gault b. 28 Nov 1910, d. 13 Jul 1911
- Jane Robertson Gault b. 17 Oct 1911, d. 1 Apr 2005
- [S4270] LDS Church (new FamilySearch), International Genealogical Index, "Jessie McBeath Gardiner, female. Birth: 06 SEP 1871 Cullen, Banff, Scotland. Father: John Gardiner. Mother: Jane Addison."
- [S4709] John Gault to Jessie McBeath Gardiner, Marriage entry, "1898, on the Second day of December at James Street, Branderburgh. After Banns, according to the Forms of the Free Church of Scotland. John Gault, Fisherman, Bachelor, age 29, usual residence 18 King St, Branderburgh, parents John Gault Fisherman and Helen Gault M.S. Mair. Jessie Gardiner, Spinster, age 27, usual residence Seatown, Cullen, parents John Gardiner Fisherman and Jane Gardiner M.S. Addison. Charles Tulloch, Minister of the Free Church, Drainie, Lossiemouth. James Addison Witnefs. Georgina Gault Witness. Registered 1898 December 5th at Lossiemouth, James Hay Registrar."
- [S4702] Fiona Laws, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Fiona Laws of Auckland, New Zealand.
- [S4776] Nellie Mair Gault, Register of Births in the Parish of Drainie in the County of Elgin, "Nellie Mair Gault, 1899, September Fifteenth 0h 35m P.M. at James Street, Branderburgh, Female. Father: John Gault, Fisherman. Mother: Jessie Gault M.S. Gardiner, married 1898 Decemr 2d in Drainie. Informant: Jessie Gault, mother. Registered: 1899, October 17th at Lossiemouth, James Hay, Registrar."
- [S772] Robert Mair, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Robert Mair of Durham, England.
- [S4781] Jane Robertson Gault, Register of Births in the Parish of Drainie in the County of Elgin, "Jane Robertson Gault, 1911, October Seventeenth 2h 0m P.M. at 77 Queen Street, Lossiemouth, Female. Father: John Gault, Fisherman. Mother: Jessie Gault M.S. Gardiner, married 1898 Decemr 2d in Drainie. Informant: Jessie Gault, Mother. Registered: 1911, December 19th at Lossiemouth, James Hay, Registrar."
- [S4786] Ship's passenger list,1914, Ruahine, "Name of Ship: "Ruahine". Date of Departure: 6th January 1914. Steamship Line: The New Zealand Shipping Company Limited. Where bound: New Zealand. Names and Descriptions of BRITISH Passengers Embarked at the Port of London.
Contract Ticket Number: A708. Names of Passengers: Gault Mrs J. Class: 3rd. Port at which Passengers have contracted to land: Wellington. Profession, Occupation or Calling of Passengers: Housewife. Ages of Passengers (Not accompanied by husband or wife): female, 42. Country of last Permanent Residence: Scotland. Country of Intended Future Permanent Residence: New Zealand."