M, #3129, b. 24 June 1836
George Mair was born on 24 June 1836 at Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland.1,2 He was the son of James Mair and Catherine Sclater. George Mair was baptized on 6 July 1836 at Parish of Cullen, Banffshire, Scotland.1,2 He was a fisherman. He married Janet Wood at Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland, on 24 November 1860.3,4 He was the informant for Mary Mair's birth at Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland, on 11 April 1862.5,4
- [S6358] George Mair, Entry in the Old Parochial Register of Baptisms, Parish of Cullen, 1836, "Mair 6th July 1836. James Mair, Whitefisher Portknockie had a child by his wife Catherine Sclater born the 24th Ulto. and baptized this day named George; Witnefses George Mair and George Sclater both residing at Portknockie."
- [S2519] LDS Church, International Genealogical Index, "George Mair, male. Birth: 24 JUN 1836. Christening: 06 JUL 1836 Cullen, Banff, Scotland. Father: James Mair. Mother: Catherine Sclater."
- [S2522] George Mair to Janet Wood, Marriage entry, "On the Twenty-fourth day of November 1860 at Portknockie. Marriage (after Banns) was solemnized between us according to the forms of the Established Church of Scotland. George Mair, James Mair Witness, James Wood Witness, age 21, usual residence Portknockie, Parish of Rathven, Fisherman (Bachelor), parents James Mair Fisherman and Catherine Mair Maiden Name Sclater. Janet Wood, James Mair Witness, James Wood Witness, age 22, usual residence Sandend, Parish of Fordyce, Domestic Servant (Spinster), parents James Wood Fisherman and Jane Wood Maiden Name Hay. Jas. Ledingham, Minr of Seafield Church, James Mair Witness, James Wood Witness. The above Marriage was Registered by me at Portknockie, on the 26th day of November, 1860, James Cumming Registrar."
- [S772] Robert Mair, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Robert Mair of Durham, England.
- [S3584] Mary Mair, Register of Births in the District of Seafield in the County of Banff, "Mary Mair, 1862, April Eleventh 9h 0m A.M. at Portknockie (Rathven), Female. Father: George Mair, Fisherman. Mother: Janet Mair M. S. Wood, married 1860 Nov. 24 in Portknockie. Informant: George Mair, His X Mark, Father, Not Present, Jas. Cumming Registrar Witness. Registered: 1862, April 25th at Portknockie, Jas. Cumming, Registrar."