M, #3142, b. 17 April 1866, d. 15 October 1904
James Mair was born on 17 April 1866 at Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland.1,2 He was the son of Arthur Mair and Helen McBeath. His family was known by the tee-name of "Dear". James Mair was a fisherman. He married Catherine Wood at Seafield Church, Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland, on 11 September 1891.2 He was the informant for Catharine Mair's birth at 422 Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland, on 1 June 1901.3,2 James died on 15 October 1904 at sea near Yarmouth at age 38.4,2 He was buried after 15 October 1904 at Hillhead Cemetery, Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland.5,4
- Chart (box): Descendants of James Mair "Bobbin" (b. 1755)
Chart (indented): Descendants of James Mair "Bobbin" (b. 1755)
Chart (box): Descendants of William Wood "King" (b. c1695)
Chart (indented): Descendants of William Wood "King" (b. c1695)
Chart (box): Descendants of John Wood "Royal" (b. c1800)
Chart (indented): Descendants of John Wood "Royal" (b. c1800)
Children of James Mair and Catherine Wood
- [S2532] LDS Church, International Genealogical Index, "James Mair, male. Birth: 17 APR 1866 Seafield, Banff, Scotland. Father: Arthur Mair. Mother: Helen Mc Beath."
- [S772] Robert Mair, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Robert Mair of Durham, England.
- [S3775] Catharine Mair, Register of Births in the District of Seafield in the County of Banff, "Catharine Mair, 1901, June First 2h 30m A.M. at 422 Portknockie, Seafield (Rathven), Female. Father: James Mair "Dear" Fisherman. Mother: Catharine Mair "Dear" M.S. Wood "Royal", married 1891 September 11th in Seafield. Informant: James Mair Dear, Father. Registered: 1901, June 10th at Seafield Manse, James McIntyre, Registrar."
- [S4613] James Mair "Dear", Gravestone inscription data, "NM122704, James "Dear" Mair, 1866 to 15 OCT 1904. Occupation : Fisherman. Date of Birth : 1866. Spouse's Name : Catherine Wood. Headstone Ref : H148. Date of Death : 15 OCT 1904. Place of Death : At sea near Yarmouth."
- [S4612] Catherine Wood, James Mair, Helen Mair, Georgina Mair and Catherine Mair James Mair, Monumental inscription, "JAMES MAIR Lost at sea 1866-1904. His wife CATHERINE WOOD 1869-1939. Their son JAMES 1899-1966 and their daughters HELEN 1893-1975, GEORGINA 1904-1976, CATHERINE 1901-1984."