M, #4941, b. 7 May 1899, d. 1966
James Mair was born on 7 May 1899 at 67 Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland.1,2 He was the son of James Mair and Catherine Wood. His family was known by the tee-name of "Dear". James died in 1966.3,2 He was buried in 1966 at Hillhead Cemetery, Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland.4,3
- Chart (box): Descendants of James Mair "Bobbin" (b. 1755)
Chart (indented): Descendants of James Mair "Bobbin" (b. 1755)
Chart (box): Descendants of William Wood "King" (b. c1695)
Chart (indented): Descendants of William Wood "King" (b. c1695)
Chart (box): Descendants of John Wood "Royal" (b. c1800)
Chart (indented): Descendants of John Wood "Royal" (b. c1800)
- [S7653] James Mair, Register of Births in the District of Seafield in the County of Banff, "James Mair, 1899, May Seventh 5h 30m A.M. at 67 Portknockie, Seafield (Rathven), Male. Father: James Mair "Dear", Fisherman. Mother: Catherine Mair M. S. Wood "Royal", married 1891 September 11th in Seafield. Informant: Catherine Mair, Mother. Registered: 1899, June 2nd at Seafield Manse, James McIntyre, Registrar."
- [S772] Robert Mair, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Robert Mair of Durham, England.
- [S4615] James Mair, Gravestone inscription data, "NM122864, James Mair, 1899 to 1966. Date of Birth : 1899. Headstone Ref : H148. Date of Death : 1966."
- [S4612] Catherine Wood, James Mair, Helen Mair, Georgina Mair and Catherine Mair James Mair, Monumental inscription, "JAMES MAIR Lost at sea 1866-1904. His wife CATHERINE WOOD 1869-1939. Their son JAMES 1899-1966 and their daughters HELEN 1893-1975, GEORGINA 1904-1976, CATHERINE 1901-1984."