M, #6842, b. 1836, d. 8 August 1917
David Galt was born in 1836 at Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland.1 He was baptized in 1836 at Parish of Cullen, Banffshire, Scotland. The surname in the OPR Baptism entry looks like 'Gatt' but is probably 'Galt' with the cross of the 't' extending to the 'l'. The IGI and ScotlandsPeople indexes have recorded the surname as Galt.1,2 He was the son of James Galt and Margaret McIntosh. David Galt was a fisherman. He married Catherine Wood at Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland, on 20 November 1858.3,4 He was the informant for David Galt's death at Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland, on 3 October 1865.5 He married Catherine Mair at Parish of Seafield, Banffshire, Scotland, on 28 September 1872.6,7 David died on 8 August 1917.7
Children of David Galt and Catherine Wood
- [S6355] David Galt, Entry in the Old Parochial Register of Baptisms, Parish of Cullen, 1836, "Galt 1836. James Galt, Whitefisher Portknockie had a child by his wife Margaret McIntosh born the and baptized this day named David; Witnefses James Galt and Mary Galt both at Portknockie."
- [S5692] LDS Church (new FamilySearch), International Genealogical Index, "David Galt, male. Christening: 1836 Cullen, Banff, Scotland. Father: James Galt. Mother: Margaret McIntosh."
- [S5693] David Galt to Catherine Wood, Marriage entry, "On the Twentieth day of November1858 at Portknockie, Marriage (after Banns) was solemnized between us according to the Forms of the Free Church of Scotland. David Galt, age 22, usual residence Portknockie, Fisherman (Bachelor), parents James Galt Fisherman and Margaret Galt Maiden Name Mackintosh. Cathrine Wood, age 20, usual residence Portknockie, Spinster (Cousins German), parents Alexander Wood Boat Builder and Isabella Wood Maiden Name Mair. John Mackay, Minister of F. Ch. at Cullen. William Mair Witness. William Mair Witness. The above Marriage was Registered by me at Farskane, on the 22nd day of November, 1858. James Cumming Registrar."
- [S772] Robert Mair, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Robert Mair of Durham, England.
- [S7173] David Galt, Register of Deaths in the District of Seafield in the County of Banff, "David Galt (Single), died 1865, October Third 4h P.M. at Portknockie (Rathven), Male, 4 years. Father: David Galt Fisherman, Mother: Catherine Galt M.S. Wood. Cause of death: Pain in the chest, etc, 11 months, No Regular Medical Attendant. Informant: David Galt, Father, Not present. Registered: 1865, October 4th at Farskane, Jas Cumming, Registrar."
- [S6100] LDS Church (new FamilySearch), International Genealogical Index, "David Galt, male. Spouse: Catherine Mair. Marriage: 28 SEP 1872, Seafield, Banff, Scotland."
- [S6014] Keith Innes, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Keith Innes of Moffat, Dumfriesshire, Scotland.