Margaret Eliza Forster
F, #5857, b. before 21 July 1888, d. 27 July 1928
Margaret Eliza Forster was born before 21 July 1888. She was baptized on 21 July 1888 at Parish of St. Nicholas, Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, England.1 She was the daughter of George Forster and Annie Alice Diseres Currie. She married John Wood at 485 Shields Road, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland, on 29 March 1912.2,3 As of 29 March 1912, her married name was Margaret Eliza Wood. She was the informant for John Wood's death at Shieldhall Fever Hospital, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland, on 23 September 1926.4,3 Margaret died on 27 July 1928 at 1301 Govan Road, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Scotland.5,3
Children of Margaret Eliza Forster and John Wood
- [S4579] LDS Church (new FamilySearch), International Genealogical Index, "Margaret Eliza Forster, female. Christening: 21 JUL 1888 St Nicholas, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Northumberland, England. Father: George Forster. Mother: Alice Annie Desira (sic)."
- [S4577] John Wood to Margaret Eliza Forster, Marriage entry, "1912 on the Twenty Ninth day of March at 485 Shields Road, Glasgow. After Banns according to the Forms of the Church of Scotland. John Wood, Wood Sawyer (Journeyman) (Bachelor), age 25, usual residence 8 Anderson Street, Glasgow, parents John Wood, Fisherman (deceased) and Margaret Jane Wood M.S. McDonald. Margaret Forster, Fancy Paper Box Maker (Spinster), age 24, usual residence 8 Anderson Street, Glasgow, parents George Forster, Mattress Maker and Annie Alice Diseres Forster M.S. Currie. Wm. Edgar, Minister of Kinning Park Parish. William Wood Witness, M. Miller Witness. 1912 April 2nd At Glasgow, Jas. Cameron, Registrar."
- [S4427] Adam Wood, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Adam Wood of Rutherglen, Scotland.
- [S4576] John Wood, Register of Deaths in the District of Govan in the County of Lanark, "John Wood, Wood Sawyer (Married to Margaret Eliza Forster), died 1926, September Twenty-third 6h 35m P.M. at Shieldhall Fever Hospital, Glasgow (usual residence 691 Govan Road, Govan, Glasgow), Male, 41 years. Father: John Wood, Fisherman (deceased), Mother: Margaret Wood subsequently Gray M.S. McDonald (deceased). Cause of death: Pneumonia, As Cert. by W. Napier M.B, Ch.B. Informant: Margaret Wood, Widow, 691 Govan Road, Govan, Glasgow. Registered: 1926, September 24th at Glasgow, Archd. McLean, Assist. Registrar."
- [S4578] Margaret Eliza Wood née Forster, Register of Deaths in the District of Govan in the County of Lanark, "Margaret Eliza Wood (Widow of John Wood, wood sawyer), died 1928, July Twenty seventh 5h 5m A.M. at 1301 Govan Road, Glasgow (usual residence 11 Burndyke Street, Govan, Glasgow), Female, 39 years. Father: George Forster, Mattress Maker, Mother: Annie Alice Desiree Forster M.S. Currie (deceased). Cause of death: Infective Endocarditis, As cert. by Jean McInnes Dixon M.B, Ch.B. Informant: Adam Wood, Brother in law, 137 Princes Street, Govan, Glasgow. Registered: 1928, July 27th at Glasgow, Donald Bowie, Assist. Registrar. FBC."