M, #5685, b. 24 March 1872, d. 3 August 1878
James Wood was born on 24 March 1872 at Parish of Cullen, Banffshire, Scotland.1,2 He was the son of John Wood and Elizabeth Gray. His family was known by the tee-name of "King". James died on 3 August 1878 at South Harbour, Peterhead, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, at age 6.3,4,5
- [S4433] LDS Church (new FamilySearch), International Genealogical Index, "James Wood, male. Birth: 24 MAR 1872 Cullen, Banff, Scotland. Father: John Wood. Mother: Elizabeth Gray."
- [S4427] Adam Wood, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Adam Wood of Rutherglen, Scotland.
- [S4774] James Wood, Register of Deaths in the District of Peterhead in the County of Aberdeen, "Report of Precognition, See Reg. of Cor: Ents: Vol 1, p111, 19 August 1878. James Wood (Single), died 1878, August Third 12h 30m noon at South Harbour, Peterhead, Male, 5 years. Father: John Wood Fisherman (Domicil Portknockie), Mother: Elizabeth Wood M.S. Gray. Cause of death: (blank). Informant: John Wood, his X mark, Father (not present), Alex Robertfon, Regr. Witness, Crooked Lane. Registered: 1878, August 5 At Peterhead, Alex Robertfon, Registrar."
- [S4775] James Wood, Register of Corrected Entries for the District of Peterhead in the County of Aberdeen, "The following Report of a Precognition has been received touching the Death of James Wood, Registered under No. 111 of the Register Book of Deaths for the year 1878. James Wood, 5 years, Male. On the 3 Augt. 1878 Drowned in the South Harbour of Peterhead, Parish of Peterhead & County of Aberdeen. Cause of Death: Drowning (accidental), Certified by Dr. James Stephen, Peterhead. Procurator Fiscal's office, Aberdeen, 17th Augt. 1878, Chas. F. Runcy, Procurator Fiscal Deputy. At Peterhead 19 August 1878, Alex. Robertfon, Registrar."
- [S772] Robert Mair, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Robert Mair of Durham, England.