M, #3763, b. 4 December 1804, d. 2 January 1892
William Mair was born on 4 December 1804 at Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland.1,2 He was the son of William Mair and Margaret Marnoch. William Mair was baptized on 5 December 1804 at Parish of Cullen, Banffshire, Scotland.1 His family was known by the tee-name of "Coy". He was a fisherman. He married Helen Smith at Parish of Rathven, Banffshire, Scotland, on 20 November 1828.3 He married Helen Innes at Parish of Cullen, Banffshire, Scotland, on 22 November 1851.4,5 William died on 2 January 1892 at Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland, at age 87.6,5
Children of William Mair and Helen Smith
- [S4723] LDS Church (new FamilySearch), International Genealogical Index, "William Mair, male. Birth: 04 DEC 1804. Christening: 05 DEC 1804 Cullen, Banff, Scotland. Father: Wm. Mair. Mother: Margt. Marnoch."
- [S4702] Fiona Laws, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Fiona Laws of Auckland, New Zealand.
- [S4721] LDS Church (new FamilySearch), International Genealogical Index, "Wm. Mair, male. Spouse: Helen Smith. Marriage: 20 NOV 1828, Rathven, Banff, Scotland."
- [S6065] LDS Church (new FamilySearch), International Genealogical Index, "William Mair, male. Spouse: Helen Innes. Marriage: 22 NOV 1851, Cullen, Banff, Scotland."
- [S6014] Keith Innes, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Keith Innes of Moffat, Dumfriesshire, Scotland.
- [S6064] William Mair "Coy", Register of Deaths in the District of Seafield in the County of Banff, "William Mair "Coy", Fisherman (Married first to Helen Smith and then to Helen Innes), died 1892, January Second 10h 30m P.M. at Portknockie, Seafield (Rathven), Male, 90 years. Father: William Mair Fisherman (Deceased), Mother: Margaret Mair M.S. Marnoch (Deceased). Cause of death: Fracture of thigh bone, 3 months, Congestion of lungs, 1 month, as Cert. by Chas. G. Bennett M.B.C.M. Informant: John Wood "John", His X Mark, son-in-law, 75 Portknockie, James McIntyre, Registrar Witness. Registered: 1892, January 4th at Manse of Seafield, James McIntyre, Registrar."