M, #3192, b. 7 October 1926, d. 25 June 2012
David Wood was born on 7 October 1926. He was the son of George Wood and Isabella Ritchie. He was the informant for George Wood's death at Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, on 21 May 1965.1,2 He was the informant for Isabella Ritchie's death at Burnaby General Hospital, Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada, on 29 November 1979.3,2 David died on 25 June 2012 at Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, at age 85.4 He was buried on 5 July 2012 at Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- Chart (box): Descendants of George Pirie "Buxer" (b. c1672)
Chart (indented): Descendants of George Pirie "Buxer" (b. c1672)
Chart (box): Descendants of James Mair "Bobbin" (b. 1755)
Chart (indented): Descendants of James Mair "Bobbin" (b. 1755)
Chart (box): Descendants of William Wood "King" (b. c1695)
Chart (indented): Descendants of William Wood "King" (b. c1695)
- [S4947] George Wood, Register of Deaths in the Province of British Columbia, "Province of British Columbia, Department of Health Services and Hospital Insurance, Division of Vital Statistics, Registration of Death,
1. Place of Death: Vancouver B.C., Vancouver General Hospital
2. Length of Stay: In Municipality where death occurred 7 weeks, In Province 9 Years, In Canada (if immigrant) 9 Years
3. Full Name of Deceased: Wood, George
4. Permanent Residence of Deceased: Richmond B.C., Eckersley Street, No. 657
5. Sex: Male, 6. Citizenship: Canadian, 7. Racial Origin: White, 8. Single, Married, Widowed or Divorced: Married, 9. Birthplace: Scotland
10. Date of Birth: July 30th 1896 (sic), 11. Age last birthday: 68 years
12. (a) Trade, profession or kind of work: Retired fisherman
13. Date deceased last worked at this occupation: 1944, 14. Total years spent in this occupation: 38 years
15. Name of husband or maiden name of wife of deceased: Isabella Ritchie
16. Name of father: Wood, David, 17. Maiden name of mother: Mair, Jean
18. Birthplace - Father: Scotland, Mother: Scotland
19. I certify the foregoing to be true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief. Given under my hand at Vancouver B.C., this 21st day of May 1965. Signature of informant: David Wood, Relationship to deceased: Son, Address of informant: 4835 Chatham Street, Vancouver B.C.
20. Burial, Cremation or Removal: Burial, Date: May 25th 1965, Place of Burial or Cremation: Burnaby, Name of Cemetery: Forest Lawn
21. Undertaker Name: Mt Pleasant Chapel Ltd. Address: Vancouver B.C.
Medical Certificate of Death
22. Date of Death: May 21 1965
23. I hereby certify that I attended deceased from October 1961 to May 1965, and last saw him alive on May 20th 1965
Cause of Death - Disease or condition directly leading to death: Rhabdomyosarcoma, Approximate interval between onset and death: 1 year, 24. n/a
25. (a) Was there a recent surgical operation? Yes, (b) Date of operation: 1965, (c) State findings of operation: Carcinoma of bowel + perforation, (d) Was there an autopsy? No, 26. n/a
27. Signed by: D M Bolton, Designation: M.D. Address: 5798 Victoria Drive, Date: May 23rd 1965
28. Print name of Doctor: D. M. Bolton, 29. Notations: none
30. I hereby certify that the above return was made to me at Vancouver, B.C., May 28 1965, District Registration No. 2319, Signature of District Registrar."
- [S772] Robert Mair, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Robert Mair of Durham, England.
- [S4949] Isabella Wood née Ritchie, Register of Deaths in the Province of British Columbia (Canada), "Province of British Columbia (Canada), Department of Health, Division of Vital Statistics, Registration of Death,
NAME OF DECEASED 1. Surname, Given names: Wood, Isabella, 2. Sex: Female
PLACE OF DEATH 3. Name of hospital or institution, City, town or other place: Burnaby General Hospital, Burnaby B.C., Inside municipal limits? Yes
USUAL RESIDENCE 4. Complete street address: 3730 Burke, Burnaby, Inside municipal limits? Yes, Province: B.C.
MARITAL STATUS 5. Single, Married, Widowed or Divorced: Widowed, 6. If married, widowed, or divorced, give full name of husband or full maiden name of wife: George Wood
OCCUPATION 7. Kind of work done during most of working life: Housewife, 8. Kind of business or industry in which worked: At Home
BIRTHDATE 9. Month, day, year of birth: May 15th 1898, 10. Age: 81 years
BIRTHPLACE 11. City or place: Aberdeen, Scotland, 12. Native Indian? No
FATHER 13. Surname and given names of father: Thomas Ritchie, 14. Birthplace: Aberdeen Scotland
MOTHER 15. Maiden surname and given names of mother: Isabella Craig, 16. Birthplace: Aberdeen Scotland
INFORMANT 17. Signature of informant: David Wood, 18. Relationship to deceased: Son, 19. Address of informant: 6727 Burns, Burnaby B.C., 20. Date signed: November 29th 1979
DISPOSITION 21. Burial, cremation or other disposition: Burial, 22. Date of burial or disposition: December 3rd, 1979, 23. Name and address of cemetery, crematorium or place of disposition: Forest Lawn Burial Park, Burnaby B.C.
FUNERAL DIRECTOR 24. Name and address of funeral director: Glenhaven Memorial Chapel Ltd., Vancouver B.C.
MEDICAL CERTIFICATE OF DEATH
DATE OF DEATH 25. Month, day, year of death: November 29th 1979
CAUSE OF DEATH 26. Part I Immediate cause of death: (a) Massive Cerebrovascular Accident, Approx. interval between onset & death: 12 hrs, due to, or as a consequence of, (b) Cerebrovascular Arteriosclerosis, Approx. interval between onset & death: years, Part II Other significant conditions contributing to the death: Anticoagulant Therapy, Approx. interval between onset & death: 6-8 wks
AUTOPSY PARTICULARS 27. Autopsy being held? No, 28. Does the cause of death stated above take account of autopsy findings? No, 29. May further information relating to the cause of death be available later? No
ACCIDENT OR VIOLENCE n/a
SURGICAL OPERATION n/a
CERTIFICATION 36. I certify that to the best of my knowledge and belief the above-named person died on the date and from the causes stated herein: Kurt N. Gottschling, Attending physician, 37. Name of physician: Dr. Kurt N. Gottschling, Address: 204-6440 Royal Oak, B'by, Date: 11, 30, 79
CERTIFICATION OF DISTRICT REGISTRAR I certify this return was accepted by me on this date at: New Westminster, B.C, District Registration No. 3255,
Date: Nov 30 / 79, Signature of Deputy District Registrar."
- [S3570] David Wood, Obituary, The Vancouver Sun, "David Wood, Obituary.
Oct. 7, 1926 - June 25, 2012 Surrounded by his family, David went home to be with his Lord after a brief struggle with cancer. Left to grieve are Cath, his loving wife of 64 years, children Murray (Taffy), Dorothy (Bill Ballard), George (Brenda), Craig (Dailene), grandchildren Paul (Roslynn), Kevin (Nikki), Jason (Rachael), Alisha, Derek, Jordan, Jesse, great granddaughter Sienna and many others who called him Grandpa. Dave was in real estate and development for many years but his most important role was encouraging others, as was evident to us during his illness. Thanks to the staff, volunteers, and especially Dr. Sclater at Crossroads Hospice for their loving care. A celebration of life will be held at Coquitlam Alliance Church (2601 Spurway Ave.) on July 5th at 1 pm. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Dave Wood Legacy Fund would be appreciated. Campus Fire #79-20540 66th Ave. Langley, BC V2Y 2Y7 Phil. 4:8."