M, #3094, b. February 1929, d. 1 June 2010
Mair was born in February 1929 at Findochty, Banffshire, Scotland.1,2 He was the son of William Mair and Christina MacKay Lyon. His family was known by the tee-name of "Shavie". He was usually known as Davie Mair. David Mair was a fisherman. He married Alexina Ross at Seafield, Banffshire, Scotland, in 1953.3,1 David died on 1 June 2010 at 2 Logie Drive, Portknockie, Moray, Scotland, at age 81.4,5 His body was interred on 5 June 2010 at Portknockie, Moray, Scotland, at Hillhead Cemetery.4,5
- Chart (box): Descendants of William Mair "Shavie" (b. c1765)
Chart (indented): Descendants of William Mair "Shavie" (b. c1765)
Chart (box): Descendants of John Pirie "Skipper" (b. c1760)
Chart (indented): Descendants of John Pirie "Skipper" (b. c1760)
Chart (box): Descendants of William Wood "King" (b. c1695)
Chart (indented): Descendants of William Wood "King" (b. c1695)
- [S772] Robert Mair, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Robert Mair of Durham, England.
- [S6692] David Mair, ScotlandsPeople search, Statutory Register of Births, Registration District of Rathven, Surname: Mair. Forename: David. Gender: Male. Year: 1929. Ref: 164/1 42. Registration District Name: Rathven.
- [S6693] David Mair, Alexina Ross, Surname: Mair. Forename: David. Spouse Surname: Ross. Spouse Forename: Alexina. Year: 1953. Ref: 164/2 2. Registration District Name: Seafield.
- [S2482] Family Announcements, Deaths, Mair, The Press and Journal, "Deaths - MAIR
MAIR (Portknockie) Suddenly at his home, 2 Logie Drive, Portknockie, on Tuesday, June 1, 2010, David, aged 81 years, beloved husband of Lexy Ross, dear dad of Brenda, guid faither of Graeme and much loved granda of David and Nicol. Funeral service in Church of Scotland, Portknockie, on Saturday, June 5, at 11 a.m., thereafter to Hillhead Cemetery. All friends respectfully invited. Family flowers only please, but donations in lieu, if desired, may be given at church door, for Cullen and Deskford Heritage Society. No callers please."
- [S4509] David Mair, Monumental inscription, "In loving memory of DAVID MAIR who died 1st June 2010 aged 81 Years, beloved Husband, dear Dad and Granda. Always Remembered. MAIR."