M, #2558, b. circa 1838
Thomas Peterkin was born circa 1838. He was the son of James Peterkin and Susan Ogg. Thomas Peterkin was a cooper. He married Catherine Wood at Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland, on 3 April 1862.1,2,3,4 He was the informant for, and present at, James Peterkin's birth at Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland, on 29 December 1862.5,6,4
Children of Thomas Peterkin and Catherine Wood
- [S3535] Thomas Peterkin to Catherine Wood, Marriage entry, "1862 April Third at Portknockie. After Banns, according to the Forms of the Established Church of Scotland. Thomas Peterkin, Cooper (Journeyman) (Bachelor), age 24, usual residence Macduff, parents James Peterkin Shoemaker and Susan Peterkin M.S. Ogg. Catherine Wood (Spinster), age 20, usual residence Portknockie, parents George Wood Fisherman (Deceased) and Margaret Wood M.S. Mair. Jas. Ledingham, Minr. Alexr. Peterkin Witness. Joseph Mair Witness. Registered 1862 April 5th at Portknockie, Jas. Cumming Registrar."
- [S1896] LDS Church, International Genealogical Index, "Catherine Wood, female. Spouse: Thomas Peterkin. Marriage: 03 APR 1862, Seafield, Banff, Scotland."
- [S1054] Dr Guy D Sutherland-Barnicoat, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Dr Guy Barnicoat of Commerce Township, Michigan, USA.
- [S772] Robert Mair, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Robert Mair of Durham, England.
- [S3536] James Peterkin, Register of Births in the District of Seafield in the County of Banff, "James Peterkin, 1862, December Twenty-ninth 2h 30m P.M. at Portknockie (Rathven), Male. Father: Thomas Peterkin, Cooper (Journeyman). Mother: Catherine Peterkin M.S. Wood, married 1862 April 3 in Portknockie. Informant: Thomas Peterkin, Father, Present. Registered: 1863, January 17th at Portknockie, Jas. Cumming, Registrar."
- [S1897] LDS Church, International Genealogical Index, "James Peterkin, male. Birth: 29 DEC 1862 Seafield, Banff, Scotland. Father: Thomas Peterkin. Mother: Catherine Wood."