F, #1445, b. 31 January 1857, d. 16 September 1875
Christina Bruce was born on 31 January 1857 at 27 Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland.1,2,3 She was the daughter of John Bruce and Helen Goodbrand. She married David Wood at Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland, on 30 April 1875.4,5,6,3 As of 30 April 1875, her married name was Christina Wood. Christina Bruce died on 16 September 1875 at Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland, at age 18.6,7,3
- [S1070] LDS Church, International Genealogical Index, "Christina Bruce, female. Birth: 31 JAN 1857 Seafield, Banff, Scotland. Father: John Bruce. Mother: Helen Goodbrand."
- [S3331] Christina Bruce, Register of Births in the District of Seafield in the County of Banff, "Christina Bruce, 1857, January Thirty first 3h 0m P.M. at 27 Portknockie, District of Seafield, Female. Father: John Bruce, Ship Carpenter. Mother: Helen Bruce Maiden Name (Goodbrand). Informant: John Bruce, Father (Not present). Registered: 1857, February 16th at Portknockie, Alex. Fraser, Registrar."
- [S772] Robert Mair, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Robert Mair of Durham, England.
- [S3130] David Wood to Christina Bruce, Statutory Register of Marriages in the District of Seafield in the County of Banff, "1875, on the Thirtieth day of April at Portknockie, after Banns, according to the Forms of the Church of Scotland. David Wood, Fisherman (Bachelor), 21 years, Usual Residence: Portknockie, Father: George Wood "King", Fisherman (Deceased), Mother: Margaret Wood M.S. Mair. Christina Bruce, Domestic Servant (Spinster), 18 years, Usual Residence: Portknockie, Father: John Bruce, Ship Carpenter, Mother: Helen Bruce M.S Goodbrand. Thos. Fraser, Minister Seafield. George Bruce Witness. Alex. Wood "King" Witness. Registered: 1875, May 3d at Manse of Seafield, Thomas Fraser Registrar."
- [S1069] LDS Church, International Genealogical Index, "David Wood, male. Spouse: Christine Bruce. Marriage: 30 APR 1875, Seafield, Banff, Scotland."
- [S1054] Dr Guy D Sutherland-Barnicoat, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Dr Guy Barnicoat of Commerce Township, Michigan, USA.
- [S3332] Christina Wood née Bruce, Register of Deaths in the District of Seafield in the County of Banff, "Christina Wood, Married to David Wood 'King' (Fisherman), died 1875, September Sixteenth 11h 0m P.M. at Portknockie, Seafield, Rathven, Female, 18 years. Father: John Bruce Ship Carpenter (Master), Mother: Helen Bruce M.S. Goodbrand. Cause of death: Puerperal Fever Five Days, as Certified by Hugh Sharp A.M. M.R.C.S. Eng. Informant: George Bruce, Uncle, Portknockie By Cullen. Registered: 1875, September 17th at Manse of Seafield, Thomas Fraser, Registrar."