M, #1234, b. 12 March 1859, d. 24 August 1914
James Findlay was born on 12 March 1859 at Parish of Cullen, Banffshire, Scotland.1 He was the son of James Findlay and Catherine Mowat. His family was known by the tee-name of "Knab".2 James Findlay was a fisherman. He married Elizabeth Sutherland at Zion Chapel, Cullen, Banffshire, Scotland, on 2 December 1898.3,2,4 James died on 24 August 1914 at Chalmers Hospital, Banff, Banffshire, Scotland, at age 55.5,6
Children of James Findlay and Elizabeth Sutherland
- [S1469] LDS Church, International Genealogical Index, "James Findlay, male. Birth: 12 MAR 1859 Cullen, Banff, Scotland. Father: James Findlay. Mother: Catherine Mowat."
- [S1467] George Findlay "Toper", Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by George Findlay of Dumfries, Scotland.
- [S1468] James Findlay to Elizabeth Sutherland, Marriage entry, "1898 on the Second day of December at Zion Chapel, Cullen. After Banns According to the Forms of the Established Church of Scotland. James Findlay, Fisherman (Bachelor), age 38, usual residence 180 Seatown, Cullen, parents James Findlay Fisherman and Catherine Findlay M.S. Mowat. Elizabeth Sutherland, Domestic Servant (Spinster), age 27, usual residence 73 Findochty, parents Alexander Sutherland Fisherman and Mary Sutherland M.S. Sutherland. William T. P. Macdonald Minister of Cullen. Isabella Sutherland Witness. William Mowat Witness. Registered 1898 December 5th at Cullen, John G. Dunbar Registrar."
- [S772] Robert Mair, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Robert Mair of Durham, England."
- [S1506] James Findlay, Statutory Register of Deaths in the District of Banff in the County of Banff, "James Findlay, Fisherman, Married to Elizabeth Murray (sic). Died 1914 August Twenty Fourth, 10h 30m A.M., at Chalmers Hospital, Banff, Usual Residence 13 Castle Terrace, Cullen, Male, 55 years. Father: James Findlay, Fisherman (deceased), Mother: Catherine Findlay M.S. Wood (sic) (deceased). Cause of death: Carcinoma of Dorsal Apina?. As Certified by Wm. Fergusson M.D. Informant: A. S. Ross, House Porter, Chalmers Hospital, Banff. Registered: 1914, August 25th at Banff, Will S. Leask, Registrar."
- [S772] Robert Mair, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Robert Mair of Durham, England.