F, #6477, b. 13 September 1884, d. 1 April 1950
Annie Mair was born on 13 September 1884 at Scotstown, Banff, Banffshire, Scotland.1,2 She was the daughter of John Mair and Elizabeth Mair. Her family was known by the tee-name of "Duncan". She married George Ewen at Alexandra Cafe, Market street, Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, on 18 December 1908.3,4,2 As of 18 December 1908, her married name was Annie Ewen. Annie died on 1 April 1950 at Chalmers Hospital, Banff, Banffshire, Scotland, at age 65.5,6,7,4 She was buried after 1 April 1950 at Myrus Cemetery, Macduff, Aberdeenshire, Scotland.6
- Chart (box): Descendants of James Mair "Bobbin" (b. 1755)
Chart (indented): Descendants of James Mair "Bobbin" (b. 1755)
Chart (box): Descendants of John Pirie "Skipper" (b. c1760)
Chart (indented): Descendants of John Pirie "Skipper" (b. c1760)
Chart (box): Descendants of William Wood "King" (b. c1695)
Chart (indented): Descendants of William Wood "King" (b. c1695)
Children of Annie Mair and George Ewen
- George Ewen b. 13 Sep 1909, d. 19 Nov 1974
- Johan Mair Ewen b. 24 Jul 1910, d. 6 Jul 1993
- Annie Ewen b. 2 Dec 1911, d. 8 Dec 1911
- Rose Helen Ewen b. 21 Dec 1918, d. 18 Nov 1938
- Christina Ewen b. 12 May 1920, d. 4 Apr 1944
- William Ewen b. 8 Aug 1921, d. 10 Dec 1941
- Betty Mair Ewen b. 14 Jul 1922, d. 10 Aug 1991
- Annie Ewen+ b. 1924, d. 8 Oct 1991
- Constance Ewen+ b. 29 Aug 1926, d. 28 Mar 2007
- [S8016] Annie Mair, ScotlandsPeople search, Statutory Register of Births, Registration District of Banff, Surname: Mair. Forename: Annie. Gender: Female. Year: 1884. Ref: 147/ 135. Registration District Name: Banff.
- [S1054] Dr Guy D Sutherland-Barnicoat, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Dr Guy Barnicoat of Commerce Township, Michigan, USA.
- [S8030] George Ewen to Annie Mair, Statutory Register of Marriages in the District of St. Nicholas in the Burgh of Aberdeen, "1908, on the Eighteenth day of December at Alexandra Cafe, Market Street, Aberdeen, After Banns according to the Forms of the Established Church of Scotland. George Ewen, Fisherman (Bachelor), 26 years, resident at 2 Tarlair Street, Macduff, Father: Charles Ewen, Fisherman, Mother: Jane Ewen M.S. Paterson. Annie Mair, Fishworker (Spinster), 24 years, resident at 59 St. Catherine Street, Banff, Father: John Mair, Fisherman, Mother: Elizabeth Mair M.S Mair. George Andrew Johnston, Minr of John Knox Parish, Aberdeen. Robert Mair Witness. Mary Ewen Witness. Registered: 1908, December 18th at Aberdeen, James Pratt Registrar."
- [S6658] Norah Wood née Breslin, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Norah Wood of Aberdeen, Scotland.
- [S8031] Annie Ewen née Mair, Register of Deaths in the District of Banff in the County of Banff, "Annie Ewen, Married to George Ewen, Fish Merchant (Retired), died 1950, April First 0h 30m A.M. at Chalmers Hospital, Banff, Usual Residence 10 Tarlair Street, Macduff, Female, 65 years. Father: John Mair, Fisherman (deceased), Mother: Elizabeth Mair M.S. Mair (deceased). Cause of death: High Blood Pressure, Myocarditis, Ascites, As cert. by Frank J. Lees M.B. Ch.B. Informant: George Ewen, Son, 10 Tarlair Street, Macduff. Registered: 1950, April 3rd at Banff, Sheila Mitchell, Assist. Registrar. W.S.L. Regr."
- [S8020] William Ewen, Christina Ewen, Annie Ewen née Mair, George Ewen and George Ewen Rose Helen Ewen, Monumental inscription, Front
"In loving memory of ROSE HELEN, beloved daughter of GEORGE & ANNIE EWEN, who died 18th Nov. 1938, aged 19 years.
Their son WILLIAM, A.B., GNR., lost off H.M.S. Repulse 10th Dec. 1941, aged 20 years.
Their daughter CHRISTINA, died 4th Apr. 1944, aged 24 years.
"In loving memory of ANNIE MAIR beloved wife of GEORGE EWEN who died 1st Apr. 1950, aged 65 years.
Also of the above GEORGE EWEN who died 27th June 1964, aged 82 years.
Also of their son GEORGE who died at Coventry on 19th Nov. 1974, aged 65 years."
- [S8017] Annie Ewen née Mair, ScotlandsPeople search, Statutory Register of Deaths, Registration District of Banff, Surname: Ewen. Forename: Annie. Age at death: 65. Year: 1950. Ref: 147/A 27. Registration District Name: Banff.