M, #6478, b. 3 April 1882, d. 27 June 1964
Ewen was born on 3 April 1882 at 38 Low Shore, Macduff, Banffshire, Scotland.1,2,3 He was the son of Charles Ewen and Jane Paterson. George Ewen was a fisherman and fish merchant. He married Annie Mair at Alexandra Cafe, Market street, Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, on 18 December 1908.4,2,3 He was the informant for, and present at, Annie Ewen's birth at 7 George Street, Macduff, Banffshire, Scotland, on 2 December 1911.5,2 George died on 27 June 1964 at Aberdeen Northern District, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, at age 82.6,7,2 He was buried after 27 June 1964 at Myrus Cemetery, Macduff, Aberdeenshire, Scotland.6
- Chart (box): Descendants of James Mair "Bobbin" (b. 1755)
Chart (indented): Descendants of James Mair "Bobbin" (b. 1755)
Chart (box): Descendants of John Pirie "Skipper" (b. c1760)
Chart (indented): Descendants of John Pirie "Skipper" (b. c1760)
Chart (box): Descendants of William Wood "King" (b. c1695)
Chart (indented): Descendants of William Wood "King" (b. c1695)
Children of George Ewen and Annie Mair
- George Ewen b. 13 Sep 1909, d. 19 Nov 1974
- Johan Mair Ewen b. 24 Jul 1910, d. 6 Jul 1993
- Annie Ewen b. 2 Dec 1911, d. 8 Dec 1911
- Rose Helen Ewen b. 21 Dec 1918, d. 18 Nov 1938
- Christina Ewen b. 12 May 1920, d. 4 Apr 1944
- William Ewen b. 8 Aug 1921, d. 10 Dec 1941
- Betty Mair Ewen b. 14 Jul 1922, d. 10 Aug 1991
- Annie Ewen+ b. 1924, d. 8 Oct 1991
- Constance Ewen+ b. 29 Aug 1926, d. 28 Mar 2007
- [S8029] George Ewen, Register of Births in the District of Macduff in the County of Banff, "George Ewen, 1882, April Third 4h 30m A.M. at 38 Low Shore, Macduff, Male. Father: Charles Ewen, Fisherman. Mother: Jane Ewen M. S. Paterson, married 1880 September 10th in Macduff. Informant: Charles Ewen, Father (present). Registered: 1882, April 17th at Macduff, John W. Stephen, Registrar."
- [S6658] Norah Wood née Breslin, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Norah Wood of Aberdeen, Scotland.
- [S1054] Dr Guy D Sutherland-Barnicoat, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Dr Guy Barnicoat of Commerce Township, Michigan, USA.
- [S8030] George Ewen to Annie Mair, Statutory Register of Marriages in the District of St. Nicholas in the Burgh of Aberdeen, "1908, on the Eighteenth day of December at Alexandra Cafe, Market Street, Aberdeen, After Banns according to the Forms of the Established Church of Scotland. George Ewen, Fisherman (Bachelor), 26 years, resident at 2 Tarlair Street, Macduff, Father: Charles Ewen, Fisherman, Mother: Jane Ewen M.S. Paterson. Annie Mair, Fishworker (Spinster), 24 years, resident at 59 St. Catherine Street, Banff, Father: John Mair, Fisherman, Mother: Elizabeth Mair M.S Mair. George Andrew Johnston, Minr of John Knox Parish, Aberdeen. Robert Mair Witness. Mary Ewen Witness. Registered: 1908, December 18th at Aberdeen, James Pratt Registrar."
- [S8021] Annie Ewen, Register of Births in the District of Macduff in the County of Banff, "Annie Ewen, 1911, December Second 8h 0m A.M. at 7 George Street, Macduff, Female. Father: George Ewen, Fisherman. Mother: Annie Ewen M. S. Mair, married 1908 December 18th in Aberdeen. Informant: George Ewen, Father (Present). Registered: 1911, December 4th at Macduff, A. McPherson, Registrar."
- [S8020] William Ewen, Christina Ewen, Annie Ewen née Mair, George Ewen and George Ewen Rose Helen Ewen, Monumental inscription, Front
"In loving memory of ROSE HELEN, beloved daughter of GEORGE & ANNIE EWEN, who died 18th Nov. 1938, aged 19 years.
Their son WILLIAM, A.B., GNR., lost off H.M.S. Repulse 10th Dec. 1941, aged 20 years.
Their daughter CHRISTINA, died 4th Apr. 1944, aged 24 years.
"In loving memory of ANNIE MAIR beloved wife of GEORGE EWEN who died 1st Apr. 1950, aged 65 years.
Also of the above GEORGE EWEN who died 27th June 1964, aged 82 years.
Also of their son GEORGE who died at Coventry on 19th Nov. 1974, aged 65 years."
- [S8018] George Ewen, ScotlandsPeople search, Statutory Register of Deaths, Registration District of Aberdeen Northern District, Surname: Ewen. Forename: George. Age at death: 82. Year: 1964. Ref: 168/1 662. Registration District Name: Aberdeen Northern District.