James Ledingham Mair
M, #3438, b. 17 July 1863, d. 18 April 1911
James Ledingham Mair was born on 17 July 1863 at Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland.1,2,3 He was the son of George Mair and Helen Bruce. His family was known by the tee-name of "Bobbin". James Ledingham Mair was a fisherman. He married Margaret Wood at Seafield Church, Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland, on 9 December 1892.4,3 James died on 18 April 1911 at Boyndie, Banffshire, Scotland, at age 47.5
- Chart (box): Descendants of James Mair "Bobbin" (b. 1755)
Chart (indented): Descendants of James Mair "Bobbin" (b. 1755)
Chart (box): Descendants of William Mair "Shavie" (b. c1765)
Chart (indented): Descendants of William Mair "Shavie" (b. c1765)
Chart (box): Descendants of William Wood "King" (b. c1695)
Chart (indented): Descendants of William Wood "King" (b. c1695)
Children of James Ledingham Mair and Margaret Wood
- [S3543] James Ledingham Mair, Register of Births in the District of Seafield in the County of Banff, "James Ledingham Mair, 1863, July Seventeenth 11h A.M. at Portknockie (Rathven), Male. Father: George Mair, Fisherman. Mother: Helen Mair M.S. Bruce, married about 1846 Oct. in Portknockie. Informant: George Bruce, Grandfather, Not present, Portknockie. Registered: 1863, July 20th at Portknockie, Jas. Cumming, Registrar."
- [S3542] LDS Church, International Genealogical Index, "James Ledingham Mair, male. Birth: 17 JUL 1863 Seafield, Banff, Scotland. Father: George Mair. Mother: Helen Bruce."
- [S772] Robert Mair, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Robert Mair of Durham, England.
- [S2940] James Mair to Margaret Wood, Marriage entry, "1892 on the Ninth day of December at Seafield Church. After Banns, According to the Forms of the Established Church of Scotland. James Mair "Bobbin", Fisherman (Bachelor), age 29, usual residence Portknockie, parents George Mair Fisherman and Helen Mair M.S. Bruce. Marget (sic) Wood, Fishergirl (Spinster), age 24, usual residence Portknockie, parents John Wood Fisherman and Elspet Wood M.S. Mair. James McIntyre, Minister of Seafield. Joseph Addison Witness. John Wood Witness. Registered 1892 December 10th at Manse of Seafield, James McIntyre Registrar."
- [S1054] Dr Guy D Sutherland-Barnicoat, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Dr Guy Barnicoat of Commerce Township, Michigan, USA.