Helen Ann Chalmers
F, #5693, b. 26 December 1885, d. 17 July 1971
Helen Ann Chalmers was born on 26 December 1885 at Rathven, Banffshire, Scotland.1,2 She was the daughter of James F. Chalmers and Margaret Ann Wood. She married John Mair Slater at Elgin, Elginshire, Scotland, in 1912.3 As of 1912, her married name was Helen Ann Slater. Helen died on 17 July 1971 at 31 High Street, Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland, at age 85.2,4,5,6 She was buried after 17 July 1971 at Hillhead Cemetery, Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland.4,5
- [S6963] Helen Ann Chalmers, ScotlandsPeople search, Statutory Register of Births, Registration District of Rathven, Surname: Chalmers. Forename: Helen Ann. Gender: Female. Year: 1885. Ref: 164/ 306. Registration District Name: Rathven.
- [S9006] Helen Ann Slater née Chalmers, Register of Deaths in the District of Buckie in the County of Banff, "Helen Ann Slater, Female, Widow, Date of Birth: 26/12/1885, Age: 85 years, Spouse: John Mair Slater, Fisherman, Died: 1971, July Seventeenth 1530 hours at 31 High Street, Portknockie, Usual Residence: 19 High Street, Portknockie. Father: James Chalmers Fisherman (Deceased), Mother: Margaret Ann Chalmers M.S. Wood (Deceased). Cause of death: I (a) Myocardial Infarction, (b) Atherosclerosis, II Diabetes Mellitus : Senility. Medical Practitioner: A.E. Silbergh M.B. Ch.B. Informant: John J. Chalmers, Brother. Registered: 1971, July 19th, Maureen Courcy, Asst. Registrar."
- [S6962] John Mair Slater, Helen Ann Chalmers, Surname: Slater. Forename: John Mair. Spouse Surname: Chalmers. Spouse Forename: Helen A. Year: 1912. Ref: 135/ 11. Registration District Name: Elgin.
- [S4454] Helen Ann Slater née Chalmers, Gravestone inscription data, "NM174115, Helen Ann Slater (née Chalmers), c. 1886 to 17 JUL 1971. Date of Birth : c. 1886. Spouse's Name : John Mair Slater. Headstone Ref : H213. Date of Death : 17 JUL 1971."
- [S4455] John Mair Slater and Helen Ann Chalmers, Monumental inscription, "In memory of JOHN MAIR SLATER who died 29th December 1938 aged 54 years and his wife HELEN ANN CHALMERS who died 17th July 1971 aged 85 years. Till He Come."
- [S772] Robert Mair, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Robert Mair of Durham, England.