F, #1910, b. 5 September 1873, d. 11 February 1945
Elspet Runcie was born on 5 September 1873 at Parish of Fraserburgh, Aberdeenshire, Scotland.1,2,3 She was the daughter of Alexander Runcie and Margaret Falconer. She married John Mair at Seafield Church, Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland, on 25 November 1898.4,5 As of 25 November 1898, her married name was Elspet Mair. She was the informant for Alexander Runcie Mair's birth at 323 Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland, on 4 June 1906.6,5 Elspet died on 11 February 1945 at 5 High Street, Portknockie, Banffshire, Scotland, at age 71.2,5
- Chart (box): Descendants of James Mair "Bobbin" (b. 1755)
Chart (indented): Descendants of James Mair "Bobbin" (b. 1755)
Chart (box): Descendants of George Sclater "Hasser" (b. c1770)
Chart (indented): Descendants of George Sclater "Hasser" (b. c1770)
Chart (box): Descendants of William Wood "King" (b. c1695)
Chart (indented): Descendants of William Wood "King" (b. c1695)
Children of Elspet Runcie and John Mair
- [S1380] LDS Church, International Genealogical Index, "Elspet Runcie, female. Birth: 05 SEP 1873 Fraserburgh, Aberdeen, Scotland. Father: Alexander Runcie. Mother: Margaret Falconer."
- [S1332] Mary Laing, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Mary Laing of Dinnet, Aberdeenshire, Scotland.
- [S1054] Dr Guy D Sutherland-Barnicoat, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Dr Guy Barnicoat of Commerce Township, Michigan, USA.
- [S3762] John Mair to Elspet Runcie, Marriage entry, "1898 on the Twenty-Fifth day of November at Seafield Church. After Banns, According to the Forms of the Established Church of Scotland. John Mair, Fisherman (Bachelor), age 24, usual residence 18 Portknockie, Seafield, parents John Mair Fisherman and Catharine Mair M.S. Slater. Elspet Runcie, Fishergirl (Spinster), age 25, usual residence Seatown, Cullen, parents Alexander Runcie Fisherman and Margaret Runcie M.S. Falconer. James McIntyre, Minister of Seafield. Alexr. Mair Witness. Alexr. Runcie Witness. Registered 1898 November 26th at Manse of Seafield, James McIntyre Registrar."
- [S772] Robert Mair, Neil Pirie, Information kindly supplied by Robert Mair of Durham, England.
- [S7986] Alexander Runcie Mair, Register of Births in the District of Seafield in the County of Banff, "Alexander Runcie Mair, 1906, June Fourth 5h 0m P.M. at 323 Portknockie, Seafield (Rathven), Male. Father: John Mair "Shy", Fisherman. Mother: Elspet Mair M. S. Runcie, married 1898 November 26th in Seafield. Informant: Elspet Mair, Mother. Registered: 1906, June 26th at Seafield Manse, James McIntyre, Registrar."